Life comes with a lot of things to worry about. These might be in the back of your mind:
- What important documents should I have hard copies of?
- If I got into an accident, would my loved ones know how I’d want them to handle it?
- Do I have everything valuable in my house documented and stored somewhere safe?
- Who can get to my passwords and online accounts if something happened to me?
- What’s a contingency plan anyway?
It’s overwhelming stuff to think about. In a world where you’re told that everything is important, it’s hard to know what to do to be prepared for things like illness, accidents, and death. But if you put it off forever, life will decide when it’s time to deal with it—consequences and all.
But what if there was a personal guide with a proven roadmap to navigating all of this mess? What if there was a real, live human who could take your hand, help you cut through the overwhelm, and show you the exact ways to take action on backing up what matters to you?
This is what I do at Back Up Your Life™—your partner for life and legacy planning, preparation and peace of mind. We take a holistic look at all areas of your life: including legal, financial, home, dependents, pets, and the important (and often overlooked) world of your online presence—from automatic payments to social media.
Are You Ready to Get a Jump Start on your Life and Legacy Planning?
In this half-day workshop, you’ll get in-person guidance and support to create your own personalized Action Plan, and help you document, store, and and save to get things in place, once and for all.
Over the following 3 weeks, the group will meet via Zoom (an online video conferencing platform) for one-hour group coaching sessions. They’ll combine new content, reflect on your wins of the week, and a mini work session.
Are you ready to get ready? Do you need some help making time to ACTUALLY get it done? Then this program is for you!
DATES AND LOCATION:
- What: Initial in-person training workshop
- When: Saturday, May 5 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Pack a lunch!)
Where: Gridworks, 103 W Main St, Durham, NC 27701. (Details to follow.)
After the in-person workshop, there will be three 1-hour virtual Zoom meetings from the comfort of your own home, or wherever there’s WiFi. (The group will settle on a time after registration.) Mondays: May 7th, 14th & 21st.
This Jump Start Group Program is in beta mode, so that’s why this inaugural session will cost less than usual. We’ll also count on you to share feedback to make future sessions even better!
Space is limited! Accepting applications until FRIDAY, APRIL 27TH
AREAS WE’LL COVER:
- Holistic Life and Legacy Planning
- Uncovering the Invisible Threads
- Creating your Personalized Action Plan
- Leveraging a Password Manager
- Figuring out what System works best for you to complete your tasks
- Resources and Approaches to Difficult Conversations
IS THIS FOR ME?
It depends! Everyone is in a different step of the process. You can get great value from this if you haven’t started any of your life and legacy planning (and are completely overwhelmed and not sure where to even start), or perhaps you have your basic legal documents in order, but have yet to document the other important areas of your life. Basically, we are going to find ways to get the information out of your (or your family member’s heads) and into a system so everyone has the information they need, if and when they need it.
Do you feel overwhelmed at the prospect of creating your own to do list? Finding all the loops that you need to close? Not sure where to start? Are you afraid you’ll miss something? Do you work best under deadlines and with accountability?
Back Up Your Life™ is offering this group program as a way to give more people access to this information. The goal is to create a safe space to make the entire process more approachable and give you the confidence to overcome your fears around this work.
RECAP of what you’ll get from the Jump Start Group Program:
- One 3.5-hour in-person workshop (bring your laptop!)
- Three 1-hour Zoom group coaching calls
All participants also receive:
- Access to the Back Up Your Life™ Facebook Page (Home Base): a place to find accountability, share wins throughout (and after) the program, and find support as you continue your work following the program
- Your own copy of The Roadmap: worksheets that include prompts and guidance so you won’t forget a thing.
- Complimentary Everplans subscription for cloud storage of information for one year (value: $75)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I can’t make the original May 5th date work. Will you offer this another weekend day, or during the week? Yes! We hope there will be plenty of interest to set up another group. Please fill out the contact form to let us know you’re interested.
I’m in a committed relationship—can my partner attend with me? Definitely. If you’d like your mate(s) to participate with you, then you can purchase additional seats. If only one partner can make it to the workshop, you can work on the material together at home. Another option: check out one of our package options for partners and families.
What if I miss one of the coaching calls? We hope you can make each weekly coaching call. It helps build the routine and consistency to help you make real progress on your Action Plan, and it sets everyone up for success. However, we understand that sometimes life happens. A recording of the call will be available for you to review before the next call.
What will I need to bring? Yourself, your laptop, and however you best learn (notebook, bullet journal, post-its.)
What’s the next step? Complete this short application form, and schedule a consultation call. We can address any additional questions you might have, and make sure you have all the information you need before signing up.